These days, making a fashion statement often proves we are confident and in control. What we may not realise, is we may in-fact neglect our physical self in the process. In this case let’s discuss a woman’s best friend, high-heels.
– High heels draw your bodyweight forward onto the heads of your metatarsal bones. Your toes are continually extended and cannot contact the ground in the way they intend to. Eventually this may lead to corns, a dropped metatarsal arch and even pinching of the nerves between your toes.
– Your ankles continually plantarflex (the foot is pointed downward) and this prevents the heel initially contacting the floor. Your calves will be tight and this can lead to rupture of the Achilles tendon when unexpected strain is put on it, in sports or walking on uneven ground in bare feet. The ankle is in a very unstable position laterally (sideways) as the base of the high heel is often narrow and this can lead to sprained ankles.
– Your knees are slightly flexed, not extending at the point of weight bearing to transmit the body weight directly down through the leg bones (more likelihood of developing osteoarthritis) and not getting the required extension at the hip joint.
– The hip joints do not move through the range of movements needed for walking, so all the strain falls on a small area, which tends to wear out more quickly (osteoarthritis again!)
– The pelvis. High heels tend to exaggerate the position the pelvis is already in-tilted up or down, which in turn increases the lordosis (inward arch) in the lower back or makes the lower back too flat contributing to spasms of the back muscles, back pain and uneven wear on the discs and facet joints of the vertebrae. It is very difficult to find the optimum position for the pelvis in high heels.
– The rest of the spine has to compensate often by rounding the upper back (kyphosis) to rebalance the body and the head often pokes forward to correct the centre of gravity, creating neck pain.
– Your brain will be thoroughly confused. The normal walking pattern is to put alternative heels to the ground first. When your toes touch the ground first, the right and left hemispheres get the wrong messages and this upsets the communication between the two hemispheres.
– Your skeleton cannot support you efficiently so your muscles will struggle to hold you up (often causing pain) let alone being free to allow to you do all the other things you do.
Go out and buy some smart, supple low heeled shoes and give your body a chance to work properly, book yourself a massage to fix your tightened muscles. Your body will thank you for it
of the balance sheet whilst inventories represented about 17
youjizz A Tribute To Japanese Men’s Fashion
pornoHow to Prevent Peptic Ulcer
xhamster How to Use Props in Clothing Store Window Displays
Anyone know a cheaper alternative to these Ray Ban Wayfarer’s
xhamster If you are an A
The Influence of Hip Hop Music on Society
redtube try to be development savvy and modern
Tips for Getting Your Wedding Dress Online
redtube footjoy lopro fixed
Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains
black porn For jeans everyone mentioned Levi sizes either 514
Summer shirts to wear with elastic
jogos de vestir avoid bright color
Dolce Gabbana 2012 fall collection for women
xvideos It all about balance
The Return of the Bootay
youjizz The smallest and cheapest crab trap is meant for recreational